Set the Plot Area of a Layout
When you prepare to plot from model space or a layout, you can specify the plot area to determine what will be included in the plot. When you create a new layout, the default Plot Area option is Layout. Layout plots all objects within the printable area of the specified paper size.
The Display Plot Area option plots all the objects displayed in the drawing. The Extents Plot Area option plots all the visible objects in the drawing. The View Plot Area option plots a saved view. You can use the Window Plot Area option to define an area to be plotted.
- Click the layout tab for which you want to set the plot area and adjust the display.
- Output tabPlot panelPage Setup ManagerAt the command prompt, enter pagesetup.
- In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify.
- Click Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, under Plot
Area, select one of the following options:
- Layout. Prints all objects within the printable area of the paper. This option is only available from a layout tab.
- Limits. Prints or plots the current grid limits. This option is only available from the Model tab.
- Extents. Plots all objects in the drawing.
- Display. Plots all objects displayed in the drawing area.
- View. Prints or plots a saved view. Select a named view from the list provided.
- Window. Plots objects in the area you define. Select the Window option, and then respond to the prompts to define the area. Click the Window button to edit the defined area.
- Click OK.
- In the Page Setup Manager, click Close.