Creating a 2D or 3D Elevation
- Draw an elevation line in the drawing.
- Select the elevation line.
- Click Building Elevation Line tabModify panelGenerate Elevation .
- Select the type of elevation object you
want to create:
If you want to create… Then… a 2D elevation select 2D Section/Elevation Object with Hidden Line Removal. a 3D elevation select 3D Section/Elevation Object.
- For Style to Generate, select a style for a 2D elevation.
- Under Selection Set, click (Select Objects), select the objects that you want to include in the elevation, and press ENTER.
- Under Display Set, select a display set for the elevation object.
- Under Placement, select New Object, and
specify where to place the elevation:
If you want to… Then… specify a location graphically click (Pick Point), and specify the location for the new elevation object in the drawing. specify the coordinates of the insertion point for the elevation enter X, Y, and Z coordinates for the location of the new elevation object.
- Click OK.
A 2D or 3D elevation is created from the elevation line properties and the selected objects in the building model. The elevation is linked to the building model. If you make changes to the building model after you create the elevation, you can update the elevation to reflect the changes. For more information, see .
You can also use a 2D section/elevation style to control the display of selected objects in a 2D elevation, and you can control the display of individual lines in a 2D elevation. For more information, see and .