Create Image Tile Menus
An image tile dialog box displays images in groups of 20, along with a scrolling list box on the left that displays the associated slide file names or related text. If an image tile dialog box contains more than 20 slides, the additional slides are added to a new page. Next and Previous buttons are activated so that you can browse the pages of images.
- Keep the image simple. When an image tile menu is displayed, you must wait for all images to be drawn before making a selection. If you show numerous complex symbols, use simple, recognizable images rather than full renditions.
- Fill the box. When
making a slide for an image, be sure to fill the screen with the
image before starting . If the image
is very wide and short, or long and thin, the image tile menu will
look best if you use PAN to center the image on the screen before
making the slide.
Images are displayed with an aspect ratio of 3:2 (3 units wide by 2 units high). If your drawing area has a different aspect ratio, it can be difficult to produce image slides that are centered in the image tile menu. If you work within a layout viewport that has an aspect ratio of 3:2, you can position the image and be assured that it will look the same when it is displayed in the image tile menu.
- Remember the purpose of the images. Do not use images to encode abstract concepts into symbols. Image tiles are useful primarily for selecting a graphic symbol.
- In AutoCAD LT, draw the geometry that you want to appear in the slide.
- View tab Navigate panel Zoom drop-down CenterAt the Command prompt, enter zoom.
- At the Command prompt, enter mslide.
- In the Create Slide File dialog box, specify the file name.
- Click Save, and add it to a slide library file if desired. You can associate this image slide to a new image tile.
- Place all your slides in a single folder location that you want to add to a slide library.
- Click Start menu (All) Programs Accessories Command Prompt.
- At the DOS prompt, enter CD <folder location of slides>.
- While in the location of the slide files, enter dir *.sld /b > <file name>.
- With the text file created of all the slide files in the current folder, enter <AutoCAD LT Install folder>\slidelib.exe <slide library file name> < <text file with slide names>.
- When you finish, close the DOS window.
- Manage tab Customization panel User InterfaceAt the Command prompt, enter cui.
- In the Customize User Interface Editor, Customize tab, in the Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to Legacy to expand the list.
- In the Legacy list, right-click Image Tile Menu. Click New Image Tile Menu.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Command List pane, drag a command to the new image tile menu in the Customizations In <file name> pane.
- In the Properties pane, enter the properties
for the new image tile slide as follows:
- In the Name box, enter the text to display in the list box for the image tile.
- In the Description box, enter a description for the image tile.
- In the Slide library box, enter the name of the image tile slide library that contains the slide for the image tile. The image tile slide library must be in one of the folders that defines the Support File Search Path. If you do not have a slide library, but rather an image tile slide file, you enter its name in the image tile slide library box.
- In the Slide label box, enter the name of the image tile slide file contained in the image tile slide library listed in the Slide library box.
- Click Apply.