Installation, Configuration and Hardware
- When you attempt to install AutoCAD 2012 using different drives of a dual CD/DVD ROM drive, installation fails. You must use the same disc drive to complete the installation process.
Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) is available for free download at http://www.autodesk.com/vba-download. Autodesk is transitioning from VBA technology to .NET Framework. The VBA module is available for AutoCAD 2012-based products as an unsupported feature. It will not be available in future releases of AutoCAD. Autodesk will provide documentation and other assistance to help customers and developers migrate from VBA to .NET Framework.
- Close all programs.
- Visit http://www.autodesk.com/vba-download and based on your operating system, download the self-extracting executable (EXE) file.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the downloaded file.
- Unzip the file to the location of your choice, or use the default location.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
DirectX installations using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 fail on systems running Microsoft Windows XP. Before installing with SCCM, download and install DirectX 9 from your AutoCAD 2012 installation disc to one of the following directories:
VC++ runtime installations using SCCM 2007 fail on systems running Microsoft Windows XP. Before installing with SCCM, download and install VC++ 2008 SP1 runtime from your AutoCAD 2012 installation disc to one of the following directories, depending on your processor:
If you specify a folder location that has Read Only permission at the user level according to the Microsoft Vista User Access Control, then AutoCAD may become unstable. To avoid this, ensure that you have Write permission on your Microsoft Vista machine when creating your deployment with the Custom Folder option.
If the Autodesk Installer prompts you to install the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework, the .NET 4.0 Framework installer may prompt you to first install the Windows Imaging Component (WIC). This can occur if you do not have the latest Microsoft Windows updates or service packs. You most likely need WIC if you are running Windows XP SP2 without certain Windows Updates installed. If required, the Microsoft WIC installers are available at the following locations:
When starting the network version of AutoCAD 2012 on a Microsoft Windows Vista workstation, you may encounter licensing error -15 if the Network License Manager is running on Windows Vista (FLEXlm server version 11.4.100).
- Install the latest service pack and updates for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- On the Start menu (Windows Vista), click Control Panel Network and Sharing Center Manage Network Connections. Right-click Local Area Connection. Click Properties. Clear the check box for Internet Protocol 6 (TCP/IPv6). Click OK.
The FLEXlm License Finder dialog box may not display when AutoCAD 2012 is started for non-administrative users who are using Windows Vista 64-bit. The license server path information is stored in the HLKM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node path, which is not accessible to non-administrative users.
It is not recommended that you use any type of remote access application in conjunction with AutoCAD 2012 when it is configured to use hardware acceleration. Most remote access applications cannot support hardware acceleration, which can cause general display failure and instability. If you need to use remote access applications, disable hardware acceleration or use the /NOHARDWARE command line switch to start AutoCAD 2012 in Software mode.
To download and install the latest hardware certification XML file, visit http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard.